We prefer payment for services be made prior to treatment to signify you are committing yourself to wellness and entrusting yourself to our care. If you are paying out-of-pocket, we prefer payment by cash or check, but we also accept payment by credit card and electronically via Paypal.
We accept payment by insurance if acupuncture is covered by your insurance plan. I am an in-network provider with BlueCross BlueShield. Aetna, Cigna, United Healthcare and other insurance providers may offer out-of-network coverage for acupuncture services depending on your insurance plan.
Please contact us with the following information to confirm coverage:
- Patient/Policyholder Name (Please provide your full legal name)
- Patient/Policyholder Date of Birth (MM/DD/YYYY)
- Patient/Policyholder SSN
- Policyholder Address (This information is required by the insurance company to verify your coverage and for us to file claims)
- Insurance Information
- Insurance Company (e.g., United Healthcare, Cigna, Aetna, Blue Cross Blue Shield)
- Phone Number for Providers (The telephone number will be listed on the back of your insurance card)
- Plan Name and/or Number
- Group/Policy ID Number (Please include all letters and numbers)
- Member ID Number (Please include all letters and numbers)
Once your coverage is confirmed, please review and sign the Assignment of Insurance Benefits to authorize payment of insurance benefits directly to Eastern Scholar Healing.
The following insurance carriers do not cover acupuncture services:
- 1199 SEIU National Benefit Fund (acupuncture by medical doctor only)
- AARP (no coverage for Medicare Supplemental Plans)
- Affinity Health
- Emblem Health / Group Health Incorporated (GHI)
- Health America
- Health Republic (no out-of-network coverage)
- MetroPlus (no out-of-network coverage)
- Oxford (most Oxford plans do not cover acupuncture)